Saturday, September 5, 2009

It Happened

So it finally happened to me today. That dreaded you have to choose between the kids(when someting bad is happening)and figure out what you do. Well this is what happened. The kids were out side playing and they were up on top of the dog house. They always play up ther no bed deal. I hear screaming so I run to the back door and they are both ontop of the dog house screaming. Torin did have words coming out saying "mom they are all over her". I am in a dead run cause Tayla is screaming loud and terrified. I get there and she is covered in ants. I had a half of second to look at Torin and didn't see any on him but I didn't know. I just grabed Tayla and went to run but I couldn't leave Torin. It was so hard to get him down and not just run with her but I just grabed his arm and half lifted and pulled him of the house and told him to run. I didn't know if they were on him but I knew they were all over her. I was running and pulling torin with me I ran thorugh the house and turned the shower head on and drenched Tayla (yes the water was cold) I was pulling her clothes, which was already wet, and water was going every where in the bathroom. Then I relized I needed to get Torin just in case. So I have him jump in and start squirting him and my self because they are on me know to. Well we got them all off, the bathroom cleaned and I just bearly kept from having a heart attack. The ants had made a home under the shingles of the dog house cause of all the rain so needless to say I am going to be investing in some bug spray.

3 comments:

LoraBelieves said...

Yucky, stinky little ants! I'd of freaked a little too. Hopefully no one got any bites.

Bre said...

Oh my gosh thats awful! Were they red biting ones?

Shana said...

YUCK, YUCK, YUCK! I hate ants so bad! After reading your post, I am all itchy now. :)
Nice mommy reflexes by the way! Very impressive!